I’m going to need Starbucks to stop with the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s because the force is strong and the willpower to resist is weak. I will say, though, that it’s a pretty cold day by Florida standards (55 degrees Fahrenheit) and I’m quite grateful to have something warm to hold. Gah, now I’m day dreaming about soup. Don’t mind me, my brain skips.
Anyways I know a lot of people are on a budget this time of year seeing as how Christmas tends to bleed us all dry (and tax season is upon us if you’re in the US) so I thought I’d share with you some topics that you can use for your blog that are unique and wont cost you a dime! Enjoy 🙂
1. 5 things you don’t have time for/to do&why. Ex. I don’t have time for nail polish that requires 3 coats… I believe this is because I was born with very little patience, and seeing as how I use all of this patience not honking at drivers who go 40 miles an hour in the left lane, who merge right when their blinker is left, and who ride your ass and then when you move out of their way they slow down.
2. If you had $50 to blow, what would you buy&why.
3. Top Youtubers/Instagramers/Twitterers that you stalk. Be sure to imbed some video’s for a more visual effect.
4. Your favorite (insert color here) products.
5. If you could only buy from one makeup brand for the rest of your life, what would it be/why&your top picks from that brand.
6. Best lipstick shades for (insert your skin tone here).
7. Create a monthly wishlist.
8. Show us how you work it! What does your makeup station look like/how do you keep it organized?
9. How to. Straighten or curl hair quickly. Apply multiple face masks at once. Use lipliner. Obtain minimal fallout from shadows. If you know a tip or trick, tell us how you do it!
10. De-clutter! Get rid of that stuff you don’t use/is expired/just plain sucks and share your reasoning.
11. Do a tag. Sometimes people just want to get to know you a little better.
12. Empties! Believe it or not, many people are addicted to these. I for one love empties just as much as favorites posts which is almost how much I love my husband, hehe. Almost.
13. What’s in you… Purse? Shower? Bedside table? Travel makeup bag? Listen. We’re women. We’re nosy by nature. We need to know what you keep in your shower! Now!
14. Makeup you keep at work. Am I the only one? I have a desk so I can keep a little stash. Share yours!
15. Products you always re-buy. The essentials of your makeup routine probably don’t get much love on your blog, but those holy grail products are what every woman is aiming for so spill the beans and share the love.
16. Products you regret buying. No one wants to waste time or money on stuff that sucks. Chances are if we are following your blog it’s because we value your opinion… so give it!
17. Things you include in your diet to improve your skin/hair/nails etc. etc.
18. Easy hair styles for (insert your length of hair here).
Top 7 under $7. There are so many products that fall into the $5.99-$6.99 range that are forgotten in the blogging world but are divine.
So and so made me buy it. Share with us products you bought because a blogger or YouTuber said so and what your personal thoughts are on that product.
Do a collaboration with a fellow blogger!
Create a look inspired by anything your little heart desires.
Your top places to shop.
Interview with a favorite blogger. It may take a few times to get someone who is willing to let you interview them and post it to your blog, but eventually someone is bound to say yes!
You don’t have to clear the shelf at CVS to share with your readers what’s new at the drugstore. A little online research and some pictures (that you will source of course) and you can much more easily share the good news!
A nail for all occasions. Put together an assortment of nail swatches and tell us what you would wear these shades for.
Brand focus. We are creatures of habit. We find a brand we like, and then we buy EVERYTHING they make. Do you know what that means? It means you are now an unofficial, official expert in that area. So tell us about the best and the worst that the brand has to offer!
Show us your faces. Date night look? Interview makeup? I just look like this naturally? Live it, love it, do it, share it.
DIY organization. Get your inner artist on and decoupage some shelves or wined some ribbon around a jar. Be sure to take lots of pictures as you work so we can see before and after and everything in between!
Post something inspiring. Remember, beauty is inside too.