Hello there you sexy beast you! And welcome back. Today, we are going to talk about time (or the lack there of).
You know, there is only so much time in a day and I think we can all agree that while there are many things that we prioritize and make time for, there are also things that we don’t. For example, while my husband irons his dress shirts, I probably just pulled mine out of some crevice in the laundry basket of doom (where all my clean clothes go to eternally snooze).
Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little… I’m not a slob y’all but the point is: don’t make time for things that you don’t care about because it takes away from the time you have to do things that you do care about.
So to show you what I mean, I thought today I would share with you 5 Things I Don’t Have Time For and why.
1. I don’t have time to curl my lashes. The fact that I managed to properly coat them in mascara without getting the evil stuff in my eyes as I sit at a red light on the way to work is an accomplishment within itself. One of these days, I may poke myself in the eye when someone honks at me for not moving when the light turns green, but I’m willing to allow myself the time needed to recover from that. I am not, cannot and will not embrace the possibility of tugging out my lashes cause I was curling them at said light when said impatient bastard honks at me. So, no thanks.
2. I don’t have time to paint over where my nail polish chips. In fact, I’m still not 100% certain why I paint my nails at all. Oh never mind, I remember; it’s so that I can have an excuse to buy more nail polish.
3. I don’t have time to line my lips. I mean, hold up. You want me to buy a lipstick for $20 AND the matching liner for another $20? Why do I feel like you are taking advantage of me? Oh, because you are? Yeah, about that. How about I stick with balms and stains.
4. I don’t have time to blow-dry my hair. Well, unless Toyota starts including outlets in the standard make of their Corollas. Actually, that’s a terrible idea; I do find, however, that if I apply enough leave in conditioner my hair will naturally dry straight AND that I have some time for!
5. And last but not least, the final thing that I absolutely positively do not have time for: self tanning. These things are time consuming, sticky, streaky, transfer to EVERYTHING and in most cases appear orange on skin as pale as mine (unless you buy something really expensive). Now, I don’t know about you but I try to justify everything that I buy in hours that I had to spend at work… you’d be surprised how much that will curb your desire to spend (especially if you work in a call center… I talked to a guy today who had NO interest in my company or what we had to offer him and yet he let me go through the whole spiel… at the end he tells me he already has what we are offering and that he isn’t sure how we got a hold of him… so I tell him exactly what he needs to say to the agents who dial the leads so that he’s taken off the call list and the old fart says, “but what if I just want to hear the sound of your voice?” Um… click! How about the sound of the dial tone ya sick-o! ANYWAYS! Self tanning? I just don’t have time for that.
If left to my own devices, I’m sure I could think of more. But I would love to hear if I’m the lone ranger or if you have some things that you don’t have time for either! I think it’s so cool how something I detest (like self tanning) can be something else that someone loves! So drop a line and lets do some commiserating 😉