Didn’t hear that morning alarm clock go off? Oh shit is right. Never-mind that you’re one write up away from the unemployment line, you better grab that dry shampoo girlfriend and bust a cap cause you gotta get to work! Or at least that was me yesterday morning.
I feel like when you only have 5 minutes to get ready for work you have a momentary mental breakdown. So today I thought I would share with you 5 products (and a bit of advice) that just might save your ass one day.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation. This is an effing deal when it comes to high end foundation. Not only do you get almost 2x what a typical foundation contains (1.7 oz vs. the typical 1 oz), but it’s only $38 (this means you are paying $22.35 per oz). The staying power is also bad ass (so skip the primer), the coverage is medium and buildable (so skip the concealer) and the finish is matte (so skip the powder). Now pat yourself on the back cause you just saved a shit tone of time.
2. Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush. This beauty will be in my favorites this month, I can promise you that. There are 3 shade options, but my favorites is “There’s Something about Berry.” The pigmented berry tones of this shade will give you the color your craving while the itsy bitsy glitters simultaneously give you the lit from within highlight type glow that you don’t have time to apply. When I use this blush, I don’t even use bronzer because the flush this product provides is just THAT good. You can pick it up at Sephora or Ulta for $30. I got my in a 3 pc set from HSN for $42.
3. Milani Eyeshadow Primer. For me, my eyeshadow is the end all be all. So when I’m running late, I need it to go on fast, even, and to stay put. Lately I’ve been loveing the Milani eyshadow primer because it helps with all of these, but mainly because it doesn’t leave that thick, splotchy, yellow tented mess that most primers leave #toofacedshadowinsurance, and you can get it for less than $7 at most drugstores or Wal-mart.
4. Wet N Wild Sweet as Candy Trio. If you have a steady enough hand to throw together a cat eye in 45 seconds then do that instead, but for the rest of us this trio will take the guesswork out of eyeshadow application and make for some quick color. The shades are pigmented, delicate, easy to blend and easy. And you can’t beat the $2.99 price tag with a stick! My only complaint is that there is no matte blending shade included so if you have a favorite single, keep it on hand.
5. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner. I got mine in a trio at CVS for less than $13 I think. It came with a black, brown and a light brown. I love these because there’s something magical about the shimmer that seems to brighten my eyes. I wouldn’t put them in may waterline because they won’t last and the shimmer might irritate your eyes, but honestly when you are running late you don’t really want to tight-line anyways because it just makes your eyes look smaller. Otherwise, this stuff lasts all day and I notice no straying.
Keep a baby mascara and a baby lipstick in your purse. These two things are easy to apply in the parking-lot or the restroom at work.