Hi friends! Welcome back to Someday Sunny 🙂 Today I’ve got for you a review and some full face lip swatches of 6 of the newly released Megaslicks Blam Stains from Wet N Wild for Spring 2015. I don’t t-h-i-n-k there are more than 6 in the new collection? But if there are please leave their names in the comments section below so I can keep an eye out for them. I also have a review and lip-swatches of 5 of the originals [here], though I will warn you, the picture quality is not nearly as good as what I have to offer you today.
First things first, let’s talk about pros and cons:
- Tons of more vibrant options
- Gone are the days of the menthol tingle/taste that the OG Megaslicks products had (though I kinda liked this, I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea)
- Staining power on some will blow your mind
- Can you beat the $2.99 price tag?
- Cruelty-free, of course
- No bleeding if you only apply once (aka no liner needed)
- Pretty much all of the colors change within an hour to a bright pink…
- Bleed if you re-apply frequently
- Most shades are better suited for ladies with tanned or darker skin tones
Swatches (l to r):
- 160-A Red-ioactive
- 161-A Made You Pink
- 162-A Truffle in Paradise
- 159-A Coral of the Story
- 158-A See if I Carrot
- 164-A Caffeine Fix
Wet N Wild is without a doubt my top cruelty-free drugstore brand not only for the price but for the quality. But I am not in love with their balm stains for the simple fact that they do not stay true to color. Sure, you get what you see for about an hour… but as time fades, you’re left with nothing but a bright-ass pink stain to your lips.
See If I Carrot (the orangey shaded one) does the best job of all 6 staying true to color for the longest. Made You Pink (fuchsia looking color) is probably the prettiest at first glance IMO. And then Caffeine Fix is probably my newest lip addiction of all time once it fades from it’s 90’s brown to the PERFECT tinted lip shade.
But besides, that (and as I’m sure you can see from the pictures) the shade range this season isn’t the best for fair-skinned gals like myself.
do i recommend it:
I hands down suggest Caffeine Fix to anyone in my predicament and as for the rest of you, if you don’t mind the fact that they your lipstick doubles as gobstopper (that candy that changes colors as you eat it), they’re not a bad deal and they do last a really, really, really long time.