“Yes! 6 o’clock traffic! I can’t wait to sit in it and think about how hungry I am!” Said no one ever. So here are 7 productive (and not so productive) things that you can do in traffic to help pass the time. Enjoy 🙂
1. Sing. Embrace the fact that the creeper in the truck next to you is totally drooling and checking you out… sing so effing hard that he thinks you’re crazy and looks away! Besides, it’s a great stress relief. Seriously, look it up!
2. Call your mom. You don’t do it often enough anyway and you’re not going anywhere any time soon so whip out that Bluetooth and give her a ring.
3. Learn a language. Ok, maybe Rosetta Stone is out of the budget but I bet you could find some affordable children’s CD’s on Ebay! Pick something you know. For example, I know every lyric to just about every Disney song produced before 1990… so I’d look for something with Disney songs sung in Spanish (or whatever other language).
4. Pay bills. Call your bank and ask them to send you an email or a letter with instructions on setting up auto-pay. Or ask if there are any new benefits or rewards you could be taking advantage of. Your wallet will thank you later.
5. Prank call random strangers and thank them for last night. Enough said.
6. Listen to a book. This is my personal fave and I honestly think I’d kill over and die if I ever forget my phone at home… I use Audible for most of my books because they have the best return policy if you don’t like a book or the book quality. But I also frequently download FREE books from my local library with the Overdrive app.
7. Stick your finger in your nose and count how many people gawk at you. This is more productive than it sounds… not only will it help you to not take yourself so seriously, it will also give your fellow drivers something to pass their time in traffic too!
What are some productive (or not so productive) things that you do in traffic!? Share ’em below!