What’s fried, cheap and can be prepped and cooked in less than 20 minutes!? Come back next week and I’ll tell ya… kidding!
I know it’s hard to believe, but this fried, Vegetarian friendly delight has got to be one of the easiest and quickest comfort foods of all time.
Hey wanna know a secret? I burnt the shit out of the first batch, but on the up-and-up I did learn a valuable lesson: don’t drop more than you can flip in a reasonable amount of time!
- 4 ounces of imitation Crab Meat (cause it's $12 cheaper than the real shit)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 green onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame oil
- Wonton wrappers (20-ish)
- 2 ounces of Vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt, pinch of pepper
- Heat your Vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium
- Mix everything else (except the wontons) in a bowl: crab-meat, garlic, green onions, cream cheese, salt and pepper, sesame oil and Worcestershire sauce
- Dab about a teaspoon of your mix into a wonton wrapper and just fold it over on itself into a triangle
- In batches of 3-4, place your wontons into the hot oil and flip right when you see the edges turn a golden brown (about 20-30 seconds for each side)
- Place on paper towel to soak up excess oil, eat one or two when no one is looking, and then work on the rest of your batches
Adapted From: Damn Delicious