If you have been subscribed to me on YouTube for awhile, you probably watched the “How to Get Free Things in the Mail” video I created last Fall. To date, this is the most viewed video on my YouTube channel. Naturally, it’s the video that I get the most questions about too. I mean, come on… who doesn’t want FREE things!?
And they are awesome free things too… Anything from magazines and baby formula to makeup, skincare and even food have all shown up at my door step or in my mailbox for FREE! If you don’t believe just go watch the video [here]. We’ll wait for your to come back.
15 minutes later… Told you!
Today I want to talk to you about my FAVORITE thing to get for free: SUBSCRIPTION BOXES. I’m also going to share 5 tips with you and several links so that you can get really awesome, really FREE subscription boxes too!
Let’s get started. Click the image to watch on YouTube, or just keep reading!
- It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Subscribe to a blog that sends email updates when a new deal has been released. Personally, I enjoy Subscription Box Mom a lot. I try to check her page once a day to see if anything new as been added to her “Free and Almost Free Subscription Box” list. Now, I know you’re thinking “OMFG, once a day!? That’s so much work!” But the truth is, it’s as easy as bookmarking the page, clicking the link and spending 60 seconds scanning that page.
- Go spam yourself. Seriously! Go subscribe via email to all the subscriptions out there that you might be interested in. It doesn’t cost anything to get email updates from them and you might be surprised how often they are running a deal or will send you a special coupon for a free trial! BONUS TIP: Set up a separate email account just for your subscription emails and online shopping to keep your personal email clutter free.
- Drugstores are a girls TRUE best friend. Pay close attention to sites like Target and Wal-Mart for their seasonal beauty subscription boxes. Once every 2-3 months, these major drugstores send out beauty/makeup/skincare boxes full of deluxe samples and full sized products! All you have to do is pay the shipping.
- Refer friends like a mother trucker. In order to recruit more business, companies often give their loyal customers a special code or link to share with friends and family. When these codes and links are shared with the rest of the internet, we have the makings of a win-win-win! Each time someone uses the link or code to get a free trial or discount, the person whose link you used gets a small bonus (typically in the form of a store credit), and the company gets a possible new client. The trick is finding these codes and links, using them, and then sharing them with all of your friends and family so you can get even more free subscriptions! Don’t you worry your pretty little head, I will share several with you to help get you started at the end of this post 🙂
- Cash-back is the new orange is the new black. These are the best. Not only can you earn money back on all of your online shopping, but sites like Topcashback and Ebates often link up with drugstores like Target, Kmart and Wal-Mart to offer you 100% cash back on a particular item. This sometimes even includes subscriptions! Sign up today and once you have made $25 in qualifying purchases, you’ll even get an extra $5 – $10 bonus!
Ok, so now that we have the tips out of the way, I’m going to share with you a few links that you can use to help you get started with some free subscriptions.
Please remember on thing though: these are subscription services… so if you decide that you do not want to keep them, you will want to be sure you close your account once you have received your free trial.
Click the image above and use the code BBJetBlue10 to get a $10 store credit once you subscribe to Birchbox. That’s like getting your first box FREE!
Get your second Bulu box FREE! Just click the image above and use the coupon code FANTASTIC at checkout.
Target Beauty Box – Currently out of Stock, but keep an eye out!
Wal-Mart Beauty Box – Sign up today and pay just $5 for shipping!
Next we have a Love with Food box. This subscription is my favorite out of all the ones I get. Each month you get 8-10 snacks that are a mix of natural, vegan, and glueten free. Each box purchased also donates a meal to a hungry child! You can get your first box by using my referal llink in the description box below. Just pay $2 shipping, and your free box will also buy a hungry child a free meal! How awesome is that!?
Now, I want you to know that unlike the walmart beauty box which is always free, the love with food box is not free after the trial period. It’s $10 a box plus $2 shipping so if you decide you don’t want to keep it, be sure to cancel after your first box arrives. However, I encourage you to give it a chance because as you can see it’s a great subscription. I actually signed up for a year after my trail and got another free box because of it!
So that’s it guys. If you’re new welcome! Hit that subscribe button! I hope you have found this video helpful. If so, please give me a thumbs up so I know to keep making this how to get free things videos for you. And please feel free to comment/leave a question in teh comments section below! I love hearing from you guys so please odn’t feel shy.