- Best Packaging
- Best Color Payoff
- Most Versatile
- Best for Traveling
- Biggest Regret
- Best Color Names
- Least Used
- Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island?
- Best Packaging – TheBalm Nude Dude, but you can’t go wrong with anything from TheBalm in terms of cute packaging.
- Best Color Payoff – Urban Decay Pulp Fiction (or any Urban Decay palette, really). This palette has the BEST matte shadows I have ever touched in my life. If you can find it, buy it.
- Most Versatile – Urban Decay Vice 3. It took me awhile to warm up to this palette because it is so messy but I just love everything about the color selection. You have EVERYTHING you need to go neutral, smokey, colorful or simple. It’s perfect!
- Best for Traveling – TheBalm Jovi. – Freaking, love, ok!? I will say this… the shadow choices for this palette are a bit strange and it takes some patience and some determination to put together looks that work with it… but once you do!? You have everything you need for daytime or night-time complete with a highlight and blush!
- Biggest Regret – It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette. I hate this palette so much it’s not even funny. I’ve tried many times to like it and I just can’t. The pigmentation is no good, and the shades just blend together into one muddy mess. For the money, I wish I would have purchased the Lorac Pro instead.
- Best Color Names – TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude. I don’t know if it’s just me, or if TheBalm did this on purpose but the theme of this palette is a bunch of nude men all with the name Matt. Each shade is named with a different last name. That part I could give a rat’s ass about, it’s Matt HUNG and Matt WOOD that crack me up. I swear they did this on purpose!
- Least Used – Kat Von D Star-studded Palette. This is one of the palettes that I featured in my “Palettes I Regret Buying” video a month or so ago. I did not plan to purchase this palette but then it went on sale at Sephora for $28… yeah… I just don’t reach for it.
- Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island – I think they meant to say “Deserted Island”? But I’d have to say that the Kat Von D Shade+Light Eye Contour palette has my heart. It’s got the best texture/pigment combination that I’ve come across so far in an all matte palette and it blends soooo smoothly. You also have all the netural colors you could ever ask for… it’s just “complete” if you know what I mean.
I would love to see LunaFaye Beauty, Cosmetic Chaos, The Makeup Case and Curly Spring Blossom do this tag because I know you all are just as bad as I am with the eye makeup, but I would love for EVERYONE who reads this to do it! If you do, please tag me so I know or leave me a comment!