The other day at work while waiting on a client to fill out some paperwork over the phone, I took advantage of the free time to clean out my purse. If you follow me on Instagram, you already got a glimpse but basically I realized that in just a few weeks time I had some how wound up with nearly 20 lip products in my purse… like… seriously!?
In my defense, 5 of these were lipbalms, 2 of these were products that had been delivered damaged when I ordered them online so I had contacted the company for replacements, and 6 were products I’ve been testing out for review. Of course there were more, but the point of this post is this: I had 5 nude lipsticks in my purse. FIVE!
And I love them all very much 🙂
- Wet N Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in Caffeine Fix – I’m not a huge fan of this line of products from WNW. Their staying power is great but most of them fade to this bright ass pink Kool-aid stain within an hour or two… NOT THIS GUY! This 90s nude fades into a beautiful rosy flush. I’ve literally had people ask me if that’s my natural lip color when I wear this. Even better, it’s less than $5!
- NYX Butter Lipstick in Snow Cap – I’m not even gonna lie, this peachy nude washes me out a bit… believe it or not, I sometimes really enjoy that undead look, haha! It’s a very comfortable texture that reminds me a lot of the Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipsticks that I love. And this one is also under $5!
- Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Lychee – Remember in my 28 by 28 where I said I wanted to finish a tube of lipstick by my 28th birthday? More than likely, this one will be it. It’s very sheer and natural looking, and this line makes the most comfortable lipsticks I own. Sure, you have to reapply often, but it’s so worth it. These retail for $17 each, but you can often find them for less on QVC or Hautelook.
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked – At $22 a pop, this is the most expensive lipstick I own. I never would have dreamed that I’d spend that much on a lipstick either, but after nearly running out of a deluxe sample, I knew my life would never be the same without it so I took the plunge. If you are in need of a nice, neutral pink that you can throw on with anything, you should too!
- Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic – This one threw me off, but in a good way. I was expecting a nude-pink but this is more a nude-purple. It’s strange, but I like it. And much like the Wet N Wild balm stains, it leaves a nice flush of color as it fades. It’s not quite as long-lasting, but for less than $5 you won’t find me complaining!
Okay, so that’s it for today my loves! What are your favorite nude lipsticks!? Actually, screw the nude lipsticks, I need some recommendations for Fall!