The original plan was to create a YouTube tutorial showing how you can create the exact same eye look with the Naked Smoky as you can the Naked 2, but I wasn’t happy with the sound quality when I filmed it. 3 weeks later and I’ve finally accepted that the chances of me refilming the tutorial are like… 0… partially because I’m lazy, but mostly because the idea isn’t as exciting as it was when I first came up with it. So really quickly before I return the Urban Decay Naked Smoky (cause I hated it), I thought I’d toss together the two looks just to prove it can be done!
So you tell me… which eyeball is the Naked 2 and which one is the Naked Smoky!?
P.S. I already know my blending is shit here, so no body tell me in the comments section, but that’s neither here nor there because for the most part I could (and have) realistically leave my home and wonder out into public just like this and no one would be none the wiser that I’m wearing two different eyeshadow palettes on each eye!
If the suspense is killing you, look to your left. That’s the Naked 2. Now look to your right. That’s the Naked Smoky. Here’s how I did it:
- Mixed Foxy & Bootycall all over my eye to set my primer and give the shadows an even base
- Mixed Half Baked & Chopper and applied all over the lid
- Applied Pistol to the crease
- Used a small detail brush to apply a mixture of Snakebite & Tease in the crease
- Applied blackout to my outer V
- Used Bootycall as a highlight
- Mixed Combust & 13 all over my eye to set my primer and give the shadows an even base
- Applied Dirtysweet all over the lid
- Applied Password to the crease
- Mixed Radar and Whisky and used a small detail brush to apply it to the crease
- Applied Black Market to the outer V
- Used13 as a highlight
The reality is there are no exact dupes in either of these palettes, but by mixing shades a similar look can be achieved. Hell, you can get a similar look even without mixing shades cause the reality is no body but you and the 1,000’s of people in the beauty community even give a shit that Dirtysweet is just a bit more gold than Half Baked… gold is effing gold!
My opinion still stands that the smokier shades in the Smoky palette all look the same, but that’s another post for a day in the past. See my full review of the Naked Smoky [here].
Till next time, peeps 🙂