Soooooo for Blogmas Day 11, Sharon, Ingrid, Stash and I are sharing our Christmas traditions, but if you read the Holly Jolly tag I did for Day 9, then you already know that I don’t have any. This poses quite the problem. So logically, I figured I would share with you the traditions that I do not partake in. Try not to hate too bad!
- There is no Elf on my shelf.
- I don’t tell my kid to be good or Santa wont give him presents (dammit, I work hard for my money… the f*ck if that cookie-demolishing mo-fo is getting credit for ANY of those toys)!
- I don’t put lights up on the outside of my house. I don’t have anything against them, I’m just too lazy for it. (I do, however, get a lot of joy out of driving by the houses in my neighborhood and hating on all the half-assed decor, so I guess I do have a tradition after-all).
- I don’t give gifts. Why would I spend hours stressing over the right gift/if you have it already/ if you’ll like it/ did I spend enough/ etc. etc. only to end up giving you the best gift ever and getting another f*cking puzzle cube!? How about you keep your gift, and I’ll keep mine!
- I don’t like receiving gifts either. In all seriousness, I think gift-giving overshadows the true meaning of Christmas. People focus so much on shopping/spending money that they don’t have, and not enough time just enjoying family. I feel very uncomfortable receiving and giving gifts for those reasons.
But now that I think about it, there are a few things that I really do look forward to do every year in December, so I may as well share them with you:
- I always put my tree up on Thanksgiving
- Cinnamon-Apple scented anything reminds me of my mom and it’s how my house smells all December long
- It’s not Christmas if I haven’t drank half a gallon of eggnog and eaten an entire loaf? bar? of fruitcake
- I really enjoy judging the shit out of people for poorly decorated houses. But mostly I enjoy peaking into windows to see what their trees look like 🙂
- I love stuffing stockings and we open them on Christmas Eve
- It’s not officially Christmas until I’ve watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation 🙂
So what are some of your Christmas Traditions!? Don’t forget to stop by Curly Spring Blossom, Stash Matters, and Sharon Beauty Prime for for Christmas Traditions aka Blogmas Day 11! You can see all of my past Blogmas posts for 2015 here.