- Packaging is a sturdy tin, and it’s freaking pink. Who doesn’t love pink!?
- Also a fan of the polarized closure and the fact that the shade names are printed next to the shadows.
- Lastly, I was worried that the strange shape would make the shadows difficult to dip your brush in, but that is 100% not an issue at all.
- The mirror is covered with a decorative border and is kinda small as a result (it’s like this in all their Chocolate Bar palettes, though)
- Love that they included a variety of pink shades (even if they are all satin)… you can’t have a pink palette and no pink shadows!
- I’m also happy with the finish range (4 mattes, 3 mattes with micro-glitter, 3 shimmer, 1 glitter, 5 satin).
- There is also a good mix of shades/finishes that would be appropriate for the lid/crease/brow-bone etc. etc.
- No “dudes” in terms of texture or pigmentation
- Too Faced finally got it right with their pops of color here… the “fun” purple/pink/earl grey shades are all quite wearable
- Love that this is a pretty cool-toned palette
- Literally, my only complaint is that Divinity (matte cream shade with micro glitter) is not totally matte as I like to use matte cream shades for a base
In terms of performance, there are no dud shades in this palette, and Too Faced did a good job of organizing their shades and finishes to line up with what you’d most likely use them for (which is something I’ve had issues with Too Faced NOT doing in their 9 pan palettes). I’m totally in love with the packaging, but I’d be a liar if I didn’t admit I was worried that the shape of the pans would make it difficult to dip my brush in; however, I can assure you there is ample room to get the job done.
You are getting less product in this palette that the O.G. Chocolate Bar (18.4 grams vs. 18.9 grams), but more than what was in the Semi-Sweet (17.7 grams). I’m not complaining, though, cause it’s close enough. What isn’t close enough are the shades: I definitely can confirm for you that there are no SOLID dupes between this palette or any of the other Chocolate Bar palettes and this palette is well worth the $49 you’ll shell out for it.
P.S. I suggest ordering off the Too Faced site where they often have a 20% off coupon available.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS PALETTE?
- Neutral lovers
- Pink lovers
- Anyone wanting to incorporate more color into their looks in a subtle way
- Cool-toned lovers
- Anyone needing a palette that is mostly daytime/work appropriate