When theBalm had their 50% off flash sale on the 5th to celebrate their new site launch, I did try my best to restrain myself. I had to remove 2 palettes, 3 blushes a bronzer and 2 nail polishes from my cart before finally narrowing down my order to 9 of their new single shadows and the 9 pan “Lady and the Pug” (how cute!?) palette to house them.
It took 2 weeks for my order to arrive so I haven’t really had time to review the products but I thought it might be fun to share what I ordered and what my first impressions are thus far!
Firstly, lets start with the shades I chose! My haul includes (from left to right, and from top to bottom):
- #24 matte cream
- #7 shimmery champagne
- #11 satin white
- #25 cool-toned matte grey (for the crease of course)
- #44 kinda-sorta warm-toned matte taupe (for the crease as well… these were actually the only two crease shades I could find and I’ve got to tell you, they’re both more cool-toned than anything)
- #3 satin green (thought this might be fun for the outer V)
- #27 matte dark purple (also for the outer V)
- #2 satin purple/pink with silver micro glitters (kinda reminds me of feisty from the Nude Dude palette only with silver glitter instead of gold)
- #1 satin dark brown with gold glitter (I would have preferred a matte, but I wanted to try all of their finishes)
I haven’t had the chance to wear all of these shadows (in fact, I’m testing them for the first time today), but so far I’m finding them easier to blend then shadows that I’ve tried from theBalm in the past, and they also appear to have less fall-out! But don’t take my first-impressions for it. I’ll be doing a full review with live swatches on my channel in a few weeks, and I’ll be sure to include a dupe-hunt with my other theBalm palettes!
Before I let you go, though, I want to leave you with a complaint; theBalm wraps each shadow in a plastic square to keep the shadows safe during shipping, but the back is sticky and pulls off the shade number when you go to remove it. No mater how careful I was, every single sticker was tugged off when I removed it from it’s packaging.
It’s not a huge deal, though. I just grabbed a sharpy and wrote the number down on what was left of the sticker for reference 🙂
So what do you think!? Are you going to be ordering any singles from theBalm!?